Canada eTA requirements for Portuguese citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Portugal
- 3. Canada eTA fees for Portuguese citizens
You would like to widen the horizon of a new culture in Canada. Canada is always an ideal destination for those who have a thirst for adventure and experience. With a large area spanning over 10 provinces and 3 territories, Canada has countless interesting things waiting for travel lovers to explore. Have you ever seen gorgeous scenarios with a maple leaf forest or roads covered with maple leaves in autumn in Canada? We guarantee you it is absolutely an amazing wonder to see in person.
Applying for a Canadian ETA online is a concern for travel lovers. In this article, we will introduce you to a new visa program, called the Canada eTA visa. If you take interest in this type of visa and how to get Canada eTA for Portuguese citizens, do not ignore it. We believe that this information is helpful to you.
Canada eTA visa for Portuguese citizens
1. Check Canada visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or Canada visitor visa is a permit accepting foreign travelers coming from over the world to visit Canada. Canada eTA visa program was publicized in 2012 and kept developing until 2016. To be honest, this type of visa is a breakthrough in the development of Canadian travel. It supports managing visa application at customs and immigration and solve the global increase in terrorist activities.
Besides, the Canada eTA visa application is much more convenient. You do not prepare any paperwork in the application process, the procedure is simple, and you can apply remotely without going to the embassy.
However, not all citizens can apply for this visa, you have to check your eligibility.
Check eligibility for a Canada eTA visa
It is crucial that you must be a launched member of the exempt country list for Canada visas, you are eligible for a Canada eTA visa. Otherwise, you have US citizenship or US green card. Besides, the other eligibility requirements you have to know:
- When approved, your eTA is linked electronically with your passport to check citizenship whether eligible or not. If you change to a new passport, you have to get a new eTA visa.
- A Canada eTA will be valid for 05 years from the date of approval.
- The eTA is authorized as a multiple entry visa. That means you can visit Canada many times within 05 years without applying for a new visa.
- For each visa, the applicants can stay in Canada for up to 06 months.
- Permitted purposes include travel and business trips. No visa is required for transit purposes.
- Remember that an eTA visa is applied to air-highways only.
We would like to inform you that if your case is not suitable for the Canada eTA visa’s eligibility, you can apply for a traditional visa. However, you have to go to the Canadian Embassy to apply. Check the location of the Canadian Embassy in Portugal.
Do Portuguese citizens need to have a visitor visa?
The answer is Yes. Portuguese residents are eligible for a Canada eTA for Portuguese citizens and must have a visa to enter Canada.
Check Canada visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Portugal
To aim for an advantageous process, you should have good preparation for the required documents and step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a Canada eTA for Portuguese citizens. Take notes specifically on the information we outline for you.
What are the requirements for a Canada eTA visa application?
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and have more than 2 blank pages for visa stamping.
- You must have a photo and a passport biographical page scan to process your e-visa.
- The current email address is to transfer information and receive your Canada visitor visa.
- Transaction cards (debit or credit card).
Step-by-step guides on how to apply for Canada eTA from Portugal
The application form has to be completed first. Click the “Apply Visa” button on the navigation bar to approach the form. Then follow the instructions:
Step 1: Complete the form online. You have to provide information such as personal contact, your current job, passport information, and travel trip details. Check all information is correct and full before moving to the second step.
Step 2: Kindly pay for your services. After that, provide us with additional information to finish the process.
Step 3: You will receive a confirmed email, and also know the processing time of your visa. Please note that this processing time depends on your choice.
After processing completely, we will direct you to a Canada eTA visa via email. Check your email inbox carefully.
Step 4: Print your Canada visitor visa and bring it with you to the international airport. Remember to bring your passport for border officials to check your eligibility. A stamp will be placed on your passport.
How to apply for a Canada eTA visa for Portuguese passport holders
3. Canada eTA fees for Portuguese citizens
Your application is successful only if we receive full payment including the government fee and visa service fee. The government fee is the amount of money that travelers must pay to the Canadian government. In addition, your service fee is subject to the types of services we have:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
You think of our types of services to choose one suitable for you mostly. Anyway, we suggest you plan your travel timeline soon and apply 72 hours before boarding a flight to avoid arising problems. After payment, any modifications will be charged as a new order.
For transaction accounts, you can pay transfer or use electronic payment. We approve methods such as Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Learn more about Canada eTA visa fees from Portugal
In addition, we introduce to you a service which is very helpful to your Canada trip, called Travel Insurance. Travelers usually worry about unexpected situations when traveling abroad such as accidents, sickness, pandemics, trip delays, or loss of baggage. We believe that the benefits are up to 50,000 dollars, Travel Insurance will cover risks within travel duration and bring the best experiences. You can consider more at Insurance Information.
Finally, we hope you get a visa successfully and enjoy your trip. If you have any questions about how to apply for a Canada eTA for Portuguese citizens or any of our services, do not hesitate to contact Canada Immigration Services.