Canada ETA/evisa requirements for Swiss citizens in 2024
To visit Canada, Swiss citizens need to obtain something called an Electronic Travel Authorization or Visa Online. The eTA/ eVisa was first implemented by the government of Canada in 2015 as a means of expediting the visa application process while also performing preliminary screenings of visitors from other countries. Through this article, we will show you all information about the Canada eTA requiremenst for Swiss citizens.
Canada eTA/ eVisa for Swiss citizens
1. Canada eTA/ eVisa requirements for Swiss citizens in2024
What is a Canada eTA for Swiss Citizens?
The Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) program is a way for the Canadian government to authorize certain travelers to enter the country without the need for a visa.
The Canada-issued electronic travel permission is good for up to 5 years, or until the passport expiration date, whichever comes first.
Canada eTA requirements for Swiss citizens
There are numerous requirements essential in order to apply for the Canada eTA. All applicants must have:
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page (not missing any details or lines). The validity of a Swiss passport in Canada is at least six months after the date of entry
- The residential address
- A digital photograph of the applicant
- For payment methods, you can use debit or credit cards.
- A functioning email account to send and receive information about eTA.
Because the eTA that is issued to Swiss citizens is tied to a particular passport number, holders of dual citizenship are required to apply for the eTA using the same passport that they intend to use for travel.
The Canada eTA application can be used by tourists who are Swiss nationals only if they have full citizenship in Switzerland. It is necessary to apply for a Canadian Visa for Swiss citizens if you are a traveler holding a temporary passport or travel documents with a different status, such as a refugee or temporary resident.
Applicants who are younger than 18 years old will require the assistance of a parent or guardian to complete the application and sign it on their behalf. In their capacity as a minor's legal guardian or representative, adults who apply for electronic travel authorization for Swiss citizens on behalf of their children or another minor must also provide some basic personal information.
At the time of arrival, officials at the border will determine the length of time that the holder of an eTA is permitted to remain in Canada, and the specifics will be noted on the passport. Applicants are granted permission to enter Canada on multiple occasions over 05 years, and each visit may be extended for a maximum of 6 months at a time.
Canada eTA requirements for Swiss citizens
2. How to apply for eTA/ eVisa from Switzerland
In order to be considered for the eTA, Swiss citizens must first complete the following 4 steps of the straightforward online application form:
- Step 1: Complete the application by providing your personal information, including your contact information, passport data, and travel plans.
- Step 2: Submit the required fee along with your application. To complete the procedure, we require that you submit some supporting papers after making a payment.
- Step 3: Keep an eye out for a confirmation email from us, and do not forget to consider processing time. After that, you'll receive an email with your Canada eTA.
- Step 4: Please print the eTA that we just emailed you. Your passport will be stamped as confirmation of arrival.
Even though the Electronic Travel Authorization for Swiss nationals is typically processed in a short amount of time, it is still best practice to submit your application at least 07 days before departure to ensure that there is sufficient time for the authorization to be issued.
It is simple to apply for an eTA/ eVisa from Switzerland using a desktop computer, tablet computer, or mobile device from any location in the world. The authorization can be obtained quickly and easily, and it will be sent to the applicant's email address in a secure and confidential electronic format.
Apply for Canada eTA from Switzerland
3. Canada eTA/ eVisa fees for Swiss citizens
You should consider getting an eTA for Canada because it is more cost-effective than a traditional visa. The fees associated with applying for a Canada eTA from Switzerland are split into two Canada ETA fees: the Government fees and the Service fees.
In order to solve eTA, the government fee must be paid to the Canadian government, and there is no reimbursement.
The amount of the service fee that must be paid to Canada Immigration Services is determined by the specific services that are requested. We have three alternatives available:
- Normal Services: The processing time for a Canada eTA application is typically three business days. Those individuals who have already planned their journey might consider selecting this service.
- Urgent Services: If your schedule is extremely packed, you only have a small bit of time to wait. With this option, you can acquire an eTA after it has been processed for 24 working hours.
- Super Urgent Services: Your request is answered quickly. After 05 hours processing, you will be able to acquire an eTA for Canada.
When it comes to the mode of payment for Canada eTa/eVisa fees for Swiss citizens, you have the option of either sending a bank transfer to the Bank of Cyprus or making an electronic payment. We are able to accept payments made through PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
In addition, we strongly recommend that you purchase Canada Travel Insurance since it can shield you from unanticipated events and help you steer clear of the kinds of mishaps that might alter both your experiences and your emotions while you are away from home.