Canada eTA requirements for Icelandic citizens
- 1. Check Canada eTA (or eVisa) requirements for Icelandic citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA (or eVisa) from Iceland?
- 3. Canada eTA visa fees for Icelandic citizens
Canada is the second largest country in the world, with a large area spanning over 10 provinces and 3 territories. Canada owns 04 featured seasons, making travel lovers from over the world fall in love at first sight. Do you want to enjoy a romantic autumn with road-covered maple leaves - the signature of Canada? If you are planning to visit Canada next time, do not ignore this article.
Applying for a Canadian visitor visa is a concern when traveling to this country. The stringent visa policies protect Canada from the global increase in terrorist activities. If you would like to travel to Canada, you can apply for a Canada eTA visa - a new visa program launched by the Canadian Government in 2012. In this article, we share with you helpful information about Canada eTA (eVisa) for Icelandic citizens and how to apply for them.
Table of contents:
Canada eTA for Icelandic citizens
1. Check Canada eTA (or eVisa) requirements for Icelandic citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA - Canada Electronic Travel Authorization is a kind of visitor visa for citizens of eligible countries traveling to Canada. This new visa program was launched in 2012 and developed until 2016. Thanks to the eTA visa, the Canadian Government manages foreigners well and solves the overloading of visa applications at customs and immigration.
Canada eTA for Icelandic citizens is truly an optimal option for travel lovers from all over the world. You can get a visitor visa quickly and easily without waiting at the Canadian embassy or consulate. The process is straightforward; you do not need to have any paperwork for the application process. However, not all countries can apply for a Canada eTA online, you have to check eligibility.
Check eligibility requirements for the Canada eTA visa application
The compulsory requirement is that you must be a citizen of the country that belongs to the exempt list for Canadian visas. Otherwise, if you have US citizenship with a green card, you are eligible for a Canada eTA visa too. Other requirements include:
- The eTA is applied to air-highway only.
- You have to demonstrate that you are over the age of 18 to apply. Otherwise, your parents or lawful guardians will do that.
- When approved, the eTA visa will be linked electronically to your passport to check your national identity. If you change your passport, you have to get a new visa.
- With a valid eTA, you use it within 05 years.
- ETA visa is valid as a multiple entry authorization. That means you can enter Canada many times without applying for another re-enter visa.
- You can stay in Canada for a maximum of 06 months for each visit trip.
- Allowable reasons include travel, leisure activities, transit, business trip, or medical treatment.
If you are not a citizen of one of the eligible countries or your demand does not meet the requirements, you can apply for alternative visas through the Canadian Embassy.
Does an Icelandic citizen need to have a Canada ETA?
The passport holder coming from Iceland is eligible for a Canada eTA. A visitor visa is a mandatory permit for Icelandic citizens when traveling to this country.quickly
Check eligibility requirements for the Canada eTA visa application
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA (or eVisa) from Iceland?
What are the required documents for the Canada eTA visa application?
The procedure is quite simple, so you can compare the required documents. Follow the checklist below:
- A national passport is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- Your passport must contain at least two blank pages for stamping at the border.
- A photo taken with in three months is required.
- A current email address to receive your visa application status.
- Debit or credit card to make a payment.
We would like to remind you that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) can reject your entry at the border even if you have a valid Canada eTA holder if you forget to bring necessary documents for the border officials to check your eligibility, such as a passport or green card, or if you have problems related to health or financial risk, previous criminal/terrorist history, or previous immigration.
Step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a Canada eTA visa
Click on the “Apply Visa” button on the navigation bar to access our online form.
Step 1: Fill out the Canada ETA application form. You have to provide details such as personal information, passport information, and travel plans. Before proceeding to the next step, double-check that all information is correct.
Step 2: Pay for your services. After that, provide us with additional information to finish the process.
Step 3: Check our confirmed email, and we will let you know the processing time of your visa. Please note that this processing time depends on your choice.
When your eTA is ready, we will send you a visa via email. Check your email inbox carefully.
Step 4: Print your Canada visitor visa and bring it with you to the international airport. Remember to bring your passport for airline staff to check your eligibility. A stamp will be placed on your passport.
Learn more about How to apply for a Canada eTA visa for Icelandic residents
Apply for a Canada eTA for Icelandic citizens
3. Canada eTA visa fees for Icelandic citizens
Many holders care about the Canada eTA visa costs from Iceland, we will process your application when receiving the full 02 types of fees, including the government fee and visa service fee.
The visa service fees are subject to your service choice. We have various timetable options for your demand. Consider 03 available options below:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 48 business hours.
- Super Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
Regarding payment methods, we accept bank transfers and electronic payments. You can choose one of the methods you prefer, such as Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Although we have flexible options for you, we hope you apply as soon as possible, 72 hours before boarding your flight, to avoid arising problems and solve them timely. Think carefully about your decision, and we will charge as a new visa order if any changes happen after payment.
Read more about Canada eTA visa costs from Iceland
Moreover, we share with you a service that is very supportive of your Canada journey, called Travel Insurance. Holders usually worry about unexpected situations when traveling abroad, such as accidents, sickness, pandemics, trip delays, or loss of baggage. The benefits are up to 50,000 dollars; Travel Insurance will cover risks and bring the best experiences. You can read more about the benefits and treatment of insurance at Insurance Information.
Finally, we hope you enjoy your Canada trip. Please contact us if you have any questions about Canada eTA (eVisa) for Icelandic citizens .