Canada eTA requirements for Irish citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada eTA (eVisa) requirements for Irish citizens
- 2. Canada eTA processing time from Ireland
- 3. Canada eTA visa fees from Ireland
Recognized as a “Maple Leaf” country, Canada owns wonderful landscapes that deserve to be experienced once in a lifetime. Nowadays, traveling to Canada becomes more popular. Travelers have many visa options to choose from thanks to the application of technology. In 2012, the Canadian Government launched a new type of visa program, called Canada eTA visa. To be honest, this new visa is a breakthrough in travel development, helping travelers who fall in love with Canada can apply easily and enjoy this beautiful country.
If you, an Ireland citizen, take interest in a Canada eTA visa, this article bestows on you. We will share information about Canada eTA requirements for Irish citizens and how to apply for it.
Canada eTA for Irish citizens
1. Check Canada eTA (eVisa) requirements for Irish citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a type of travel visa that allows foreigners coming from eligible countries to apply to travel to this North American country. The entire application process operates electronically, and you can apply online at your own home. Besides, you do not need to prepare any paperwork for the application. Releasing this new visitor visa helps the Canadian Government manage effectively the large number of applications and solve the overloading at customs and immigration. Moreover, Canada eTA visa screens foreigners as a solution to the global increase in terrorist activities.
However, not all nations are eligible for Canada eTA, you have to update the visa rules in 2022.
Check Canada visitor visa rules in 2024
It is important to remember that a Canada eTA is suitable for the residents of exempted Canada visa countries only. In addition, in order to submit a valid application in 2024, you must comprehend the regulations for the Canada tourist visa:
- When approved officially, your eTA will be linked electronically to your national passport to check your eligibility. If you change your passport, you need to change your new visa.
- A visitor visa to Canada is valid for multiple entries. That means you can revisit Canada without applying for other visas.
- Per a valid visa, you can use it within 05 years.
- The permitted staying time is a maximum of 06 months per visit. You can stay for travel, relative visit, leisure activities, transit, or medical treatment.
- The eTA is applied to the air route only.s
- The applicant is required to be over 18 years old to apply.
Besides, if you are a citizen of the US with a US green card, you are eligible to apply. On the other hand, if your case does not match the eTA visa rules, you can apply for a regular visa at the Canadian Embassy. Research location at Check Canadian Embassy.
Does an Irish citizen need a Canada ETA?
Yes. Irish citizens are eligible for a Canada eTA to enter this country.
Requirements of Canada eTA for Irish citizens
2. Canada eTA processing time from Ireland
Check Canada eTA application requirements from Ireland
- You need to have an Irish passport valid for at least six months from the intended date of your travel plan.
- A color photograph of th applicant.
- The current email address.
- Transaction cards (debit or credit card).
- You should keep the necessary such as a passport or US green card with you when checking in at the international airport. Your entry can be denied if you forget to bring them to the airline staff to check your eligibility.
How to apply for a Canada eTA visa online from Ireland
Step 1: Complete the form online. You have to fill in information such as personal data, passport information, and your travel itinerary. Confirm all information is accurate and full before passing to the second step.
Step 2: Kindly make a payment for your services. Then, we will request additional information to finish the process.
Step 3: You will receive a confirmation email, as well as information about the processing time for your visa. Please note that this processing time depends on your choice.
After processing is complete, you will receive a Canada eTA via the email you provided. Check your email inbox carefully.
Step 4: Keep a hard copy of your Canada visitor visa and bring it with you to the international airport. A stamp will be placed on your passport.
Apply for a Canada eTA from Ireland
3. Canada eTA visa fees from Ireland
There are 02 compulsory fees you have to pay: the Canada Government fee and the visa service fee.
The service fee covers the entire 04 processing steps, from when you complete the application form until you receive an eTA visa via email, and finally receive a stamp inside your passport. The visa service fee depends on the type of visa you choose. Get an option you prefer below:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 48 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
For greater security when paying, you can transfer money or use digital payments. Select a payment option from the list, which includes bank transfers, Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Read more about Canada eTA visa fees from Ireland
We highly recommend you add Travel Insurance to your trip plan. With the benefit is up to 50,000 dollars, you will get protective feelings and perfect experiences when traveling overseas. The insurance protects you from unexpected situations such as accidents, sickness, pandemics, trip delays, and loss of baggage. Take benefits and treatment into account at Insurance Information.
We hope you have an advantageous application and enjoy a holiday in Canada. Contact us if you have any questions about the Canada eTA (eVisa) for Irish citizens.