Canada eTA requirements for Mexican citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada visa requirements for Mexican citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Mexico
- 3. Canada eTA fees for Mexican citizens
Canada should be a destination on your travel checklist. Recognized as a romantic country with the highlight feature, the maple leaf. Canada owns 04 beautiful seasons that bring you the best experiences when traveling to this country. If you, a Mexican resident, fall in love with this gorgeous North American country and hope to have a chance to see it in person, this article bestows on you.
In a technological era, outbound traveling becomes more convenient. If you used to take much time to wait for an application at the embassy in the past, now you can do that remotely with a Canada eTA. This type of visa is truly an optimal solution for developing travel.
Canada eTA is also a tool that the Canadian Government control immigration status and the global increase in terrorist activities. In this article, we will outline clearly Canada eTA for Mexican citizens.
Canada visa requirements for Mexican citizens
1. Check Canada visa requirements for Mexican citizens
What is a Canada eTA?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or Canada visitor visa is a travel permit allowing its holders to enter Canada for a visit purpose. Canada eTA visa was publicly announced in 2012 by the Canadian Government and kept developing until 2016. Actually, the Canada eTA program solves many problems such as minimizing the overloading of the status of visa applications, managing the foreigner better, and reducing waiting hours at customs and immigration.
Nevertheless, not all countries can apply for this visa. Canada eTA visa is applied to eligible countries only.
Do Mexican citizens need a visa to visit Canada?
According to the Canada visa regulations, the countries that are exempt from Canada visas are eligible for Canada eTA. Mexico is included in the exempt Canada visa list, so Mexican holders can apply for Canada eTA. When visiting Canada, Mexican residents need to have a valid eTA.
Check Canada eTA eligibilities
After confirming that you are eligible for a Canadian visitor visa, you have to be precise about its eligibilities:
- You have a national passport or US green card to demonstrate that you are eligible for a Canada eTA visa.
- Once issued, your visa is linked electronically to your passport. The visa is valid for 05 years, or until the passport's expiration date, whichever is shorter.
- If you have a new passport, you have to change to a new eTA.
- Per eTA, you can enter Canada multiple times within 05 years.
- You are accepted to stay in Canada for up to 06 months with an eTA
- The permitted purposes include travel, business trip, transit, or medical treatments.
- The eTA is applied to the air routes.
- You must be over 18 years old to apply, if not, the parents or guardian will do that.
Applying for a Canada eTA for Mexican citizens requires many conditions. If your case is not matched with the eligibility of Canada eTA, you can consider a traditional visa. Contact the Canada Embassy for details.
Apply for a Canada eTA for Mexican applicants
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Mexico
What are the required documents you need to prepare for the Canada eTA application?
- A photocopy of the passport's biographical page. The Mexican passport is valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Canada
- The residential address
- For payment methods, you can choose bank transfer or debit/credit cards.
- A valid email address to submit supporting documents and receive a Canada eTA
Instructions on applying for a Canada eTA from Mexico:
After preparing the necessary documents for the Canada eTA application, you should enter the information on the application form online soon. We instruct you step-by-step on how to apply for Canada visa for Mexican citizens. You have to complete our secure form online first. Please click on “Apply Visa” to approach the form.
Step 1: Fill in the application form, you need to provide your personal details: contact, full name, date of birth, passport number, and travel details. Kindly guarantee the accuracy of your information.
Step 2: Make a payment for your application. After payment, we request more information to finish the process.
Step 3: Check an emailed confirmation from us and know the Canada eTA processing time as well. After that, your Canada eTA will be sent to you.
Step 4: Print out the eTA we sent. A stamped confirmation will be placed on your passport.
We recommend that you apply for at least 72 hours (03 days) before boarding a flight.
Canada eTA application costs from Mexico
3. Canada eTA fees for Mexican citizens
A Canada eTA is cheaper than a regular visa, so it is an optional option for you. Canada eTA fees from Mexico include 02 types of fees: the Government fee and service fees.
The Government fee is paid to the Canadian Government to solve eTA. Your fees will not be refunded no matter whether your visa is approved or not. The service fee is paid to the travel agency, the fee depends on the types of services you want. We have 03 options available:
- Normal: Canada eTA is processed within 03 business days. This option is matched with those who planned a travel trip previously.
- Urgent: If your itinerary is quite rushed. This option helps you get an eTA after 24 processing hours.
- Super urgent: Your request is solved quickly with the “Super urgent” option. You will obtain a Canada eTA after 05 processing hours.
Regarding the payment method, you can bank transfer, use electronic payment, or pay via Paypal. For credit or debit cards, we accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Learn more about Canada eTA fees for Mexican passport holders
For a long trip, we strongly suggest you add Travel Insurance to your plan. This Insurance prevents you from the risks of pandemics, accidents, or sickness. In a strange country, sometimes unexpected situations will happen and bring you not good experiences. With a maximum of 50,000 dollars, you receive the best benefits and treatments including medical payments coverage, trip delay, trip interruption, lost baggage, and protection benefits from the Covid-19 Pandemic. This is our suggestion for you, take into account Canada travel Insurance.
Finally, we hope you get a successful application and enjoy your travel experience. If you have any questions about Canada eTA for Mexican citizens, feel free to contact Canada Immigration Services.