Canada eTA requirements for Singaporean citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada ETA requirements for Singaporean citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Singapore
- 3. Canada eTA fees for Singaporean citizens
You have a travel plan next time and Canada is a dream destination to make a holiday of a lifetime. Recognized as a “Maple Leaf” country, Canada is always attractive to travel lovers all over the world because of its romantic beauty. If you are interested in a maple leaf forest or roads covered with maple leaves in autumn of Canada, it will be absolutely a must-go place for you.
Nowadays, traveling to Canada is more convenient than ever for foreigners thanks to the new visa policies. In this article, we will share with you about the Canada eTA for Singaporean citizens and how to apply for Canada visa from Singapore. Canada eTA is a new type of visa that was launched in 2012 by the Canadian government. Actually, Canada eTA or Canada visitor visa is absolutely an innovative option for residents from other countries. We hope this article about the Canada eTA for Singapore citizens is helpful to you.
Check Canada ETA requirements for Singapore citizens
1. Check Canada ETA requirements for Singaporean citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA - Canada Electronic Travel Authorization, is a permit accepting foreigners to enter Canada for visit purposes. This new visitor visa was released in 2012 and took 04 years to develop. Compared with a regular visa, this is an optimal option for travel lovers all over the world. With an eTA, you can take advantage of a quick process, simple procedures, flexible time, and various options, also you do not need to prepare any paperwork for an application.
Besides, releasing the Canada eTA program supports the management of the number of foreigners, and controls the overloading of application status in customs and immigration. The eTA program was introduced in 2016 to screen foreigners as a solution to the global increase in terrorist activities.
On the other hand, you have to check your eligibility with a Canada eTA because not all residents are eligible to apply.
Do Singaporean citizens need a Canada ETA?
According to the visa rule, only country members that are included in the exempt country list for Canada visas are eligible for a Canada eTA. Singapore residents are on the eligible list and need to have a Canada eTA for Singapore citizens to enter this nation.
Check your eligibility for Canada eTA
Check eligibility below before applying for a Canada eTA from Singapore:
- You must have citizenship that is eligible for the Canada eTA visa program or US green card.
- Once you have a valid visitor visa, your visa will be linked electronically to your passport. Per an eTA visa, the valid time is 05 years, or until the passport's expiration date, whichever is shorter.
- Your eTA visa is acceptable as a multiple-entry authorization. That means you can enter Canada multiple times without getting re-enter visa within the validity period of the visa.
- You can stay in Canada for up to 06 months for travel, business trip, transit, or medical treatment.
- Canada eTA allows you to enter by air-way only.
- The applicant is required to be over 18. If not, the parents or legal guardian do that instead.
You should read carefully the eligibility of Canada eTA. If your status is not matched with them, you should contact the nearest Canadian Embassy to apply for a regular visa.
How to apply for a Canada eTA visa for Singapore passport holders
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Singapore
What are the requirements for a Canada eTA visa application?
Good preparation will bring advantages to your visa application. These are the required documents you have to prepare before registering a Canada visa for Singaporeans. Take notes carefully:
- A scan of the biographical page in the passport. Your national passport is valid for at least six months from the arrival date in Canada
- The residential address
- The current email address is to exchange information and receive your Canada visitor visa.
- Transaction cards (debit or credit card).
Instructions on applying for a Canada eTA for Singaporean citizens
After preparing enough required documents, you should apply soon to avoid arising situations. You have to finish the application form online first. Click the “Apply Visa” button on the navigation bar to approach the form. Please follow the instructions:
Step 1: Complete the form online. You have to provide information such as visa details, personal contact, passport information, and travel trip details. Make sure of the accuracy and fullness of your information.
Step 2: Make a payment for your service expenses. After that, we request you some additional information and provide us to complete the application.
Step 3: You will receive an email for confirmation, and also obtain the processing time of your visa. Please note that this duration depends on your choice.
After processing completely, we will send you a Canada eTA via email. Check your email inbox carefully.
Step 4: Print your eTA and bring it with you to the international airport. Kindly remember to bring your passport for border officials to check your eligibility.
How does a Canada eTA visa cost?
3. Canada eTA fees for Singaporean citizens
Canada eTA visa application has a reasonable expense. There are 02 types of Canada ETA fees you have to pay: the Government fee and the visa service fee. Both are compulsory and required to pay prior to processing.
The service fee is charged based on the kind of service you choose. Please take into consideration of our options:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
Consider your timeline specifically to choose an option that is suitable most. By the way, we suggest you apply at least 07 days before boarding your flight. Any variations after payment will be charged as a new application
Regarding the payment method, you can bank transfer or use electronic payment. We approve Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
This is our suggestion for your trip. To aim for an advantageous journey, we always recommend the customer buy Travel Insurance. For a long trip, especially in a strange country, some unexpected situations will occur accidentally, affecting your experiences and feelings. With the benefits being up to over 50,000 dollars, we believe that you will be fulfilled with its benefits and treatment when having problems related to sickness, accidents, pandemics, trip delays, and lost baggage. You can learn more about this service at Canada travel insurance
Finally, we hope you have a successful application and amazing memories in Canada. If you have any questions about the Canada eTA for Singaporean citizens, feel free to contact Canada Immigration Services.