Canada eTA requirements for Spanish citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada ETA/ Visitor visa requirements for Spanish citizens
- 2. How to apply for Canada eTA from Spain
- 3. Canada eTA fees for Spanish citizens
You are going to visit Canada next time and have questions about applying for a Canada visitor visa. No worries, because this article will help you.
Canada is known popularly as a romantic country with the maple leaf in autumn. You will fall in love with the landscapes that you have to see in person for a lifetime. Nowadays, there are many ways to travel to Canada. If you are a Spanish citizen, we introduce to you a new type of Canada visa that you can apply for online absolutely, called the Canada eTA visa (Electronic Travel Authorization). This new visa program was launched by the Canadian Government in 2012 and continued to develop until 2016. To be honest, a Canada eTA visa is an optimal option for travelers around the world. However, you have to obtain knowledge about the Canadian eTA for Spanish citizens.
Check e-Visa requirements for Spanish citizens
1. Check Canada ETA/ Visitor visa requirements for Spanish citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or Canada visitor visa online is a permit allowing travelers coming over the globe to visit Canada. With a Canada eTA visa, you can apply easily with simple procedures and applications remotely. This is a good solution for overloading applications at the embassy or consulate. However, kindly remember that you must have citizenship from countries that are eligible for the Canada eTA program.
Do Spanish citizens need a visa to enter Canada?
According to the rule, only the nationals of countries exempt from Canada visas are eligible to apply for Canada eTA. Spain is eligible to apply, and the Spaniards need to have a Canada eTA for Spanish citizens to enter this nation.
Canada eTA visa eligibilities you need to know
To apply for Canada visitor visa online effectively, take note of the following eligibilities:
- You have citizenship from countries belonging to the exempt visa list of Canada or your own US green card can apply for an eTA.
- Canada eTA visa is applied for airlines only.
- Because per eTA visa is electronically connected to the national passport, your eTA visa will be valid within 05 years from the date of issue or until the passport's expiration date, whichever is shorter. If you change a new passport, you have to apply for a new eTA.
- Your eTA visa is valid as a multiple entry visa. That means you can re-enter Canada without applying again within 05 years.
- The permitted duration of visiting is 06 months for tourism, transit, business trip, and medical treatment purposes.
- You have to demonstrate you are over 18 to apply. If not, your parents or guardians do it instead.
If eligibility requirements do not match your nationality and demands, you can consider applying for a traditional visa at the Canadian Embassy.
Apply for Canada eTA from Spain
2. How to apply for Canada eTA from Spain
The requirements for the Canada eTA application
Before applying for Canada eTA for Spanish citizens, you have to prepare some required documents. Please prepare enough and correct the things we outline:
- The Spanish passport is valid for at least six months from the arrival date in Canada.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page.
- Debit or credit card to make a payment.
- The current email address.
Step-by-step instructions for the Canada eTA application
It’s time to apply for your Canada visitor visa online. We strongly recommend that you apply as soon as possible before your flight. Please click the “Apply Visa” button on the navigation bar and follow our instructions:
Step 1: Fill in the application form online. The form requires you to provide information including personal details, contact information, and a trip plan. Make sure of accuracy before moving to the next steps.
Step 2: Make a payment. After that, we ask you to provide additional information to complete the process.
Step 3: You will receive a confirmation email and know the processing time of your service as well. Note that the processing time depends on the type of visa service you choose.
When the process is done, your Canada eTA will be sent to you via the email you provided.
Step 4: Print out your Canada eTA visa and bring it with you to the international airport.
Canada eTA fees for Spanish
3. Canada eTA fees for Spanish citizens
Canada eTA fees include 02 types of fees: the government fee and visa service fee. Both are mandatory fees and need to be paid in advance processing.
The service fee depends on the type of service you choose. Canada Immigration Services have available options for you:
- Normal: eTA visa is processed within 03 business days. For those who had a pre planned trip, this is a good option.
- Urgent: If you are rushed, this option helps you get an eTA visa after 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: You have no time to wait. Your eTA visa is processed within 05 business hours with this option.
Regarding the payment methods, you can choose bank transfer or electronic payment. For electronic payment, we accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express or pay via Paypal. We guarantee your information is confidential.
We strongly hope that you have good preparation for the eTA application and apply as soon as possible to avoid interruption. Besides, kindly cover your itinerary carefully; any variations after payment can be charged as a new application.
For an advantageous journey, we encourage you to buy Travel Insurance for yourself and your family. With the benefits of up to 50,000 dollars, this is one of the best tools for your trip. We have benefits such as medical payments, trip delays, lost baggage, and the COVID-19 pandemic. When traveling abroad, some unexpected situations can happen and you need to have preparation. We believe that insurance is useful to you. Learn more benefits and treatments at Canada travel insurance
We hope you get a successful application and a wonderful travel trip. If you have any questions about Canada eTA for Spanish citizens and other services, feel free to contact us.