Canada eTA for UK citizens - Requirements and Fees
- 1. Check Canada visa requirements for UK citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from the United Kingdom?
- 3. How does Canada eTA cost from the UK?
Do you want to enjoy natural landscapes with four featured seasons in Canada? You hopefully have a chance to see romantic scenes in “Maple Leaf” country in person. Traveling in Canada is promising to bring the best experiences in your lifetime.
Applying for a Canadian visitor visa is a big concern for everyone. There are many different types of visas for citizens in the world. Nowadays, to control well the number of tourists, the Canadian Government has been developing the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) - a travel permit spends for citizens coming from eligible countries to apply. However, not all citizens can apply for this type of visa. In this article, we will share information about Canada eTA for UK citizens. It is so useful for your travel trip.
Canada eTA for UK citizens
1. Check Canada visa requirements for UK citizens
What is a Canada eTA?
Canada eTA (Canada Electronic Travel Authorization) is a travel permit allowing passport holders to visit Canada. The eTA program was launched in 2012 and continued to develop until 2016. This new type of visa is truly a breakthrough in developing international travel in Canada, helps to manage better travelers, and reduces the overloading of visa applications.
Do the citizens from the United Kingdom need a Canada eTA?
According to the Canadian visa rule, only citizens coming from the country who are included in the exempt visa list can apply for Canada eTA. The United Kingdom belongs to this exempt visa list, so UK citizens are eligible to apply for eTA and must have an eTA to enter Canada.
What are Canada eTA’s eligibilities?
Before applying for a Canada eTA, you should be aware eligibility of Canada eTA for UK citizens:
- You must have UK citizenship or American citizenship.
- The UK passport has a 06 months validity period from the arrival date in Canada. Please take note of the eligible passports below:
- UK - British National Overseas (GBN)
- UK - British Overseas Territory Citizen (GBD)
- UK - British Citizen (GBR)
- UK - British Overseas Citizen (GBO)
- UK - British Subject (GBS)
- Your passport is linked to your eTA resulting in your eTA will be valid for up to 5 years. If you change your passport, you have to get a new eTA.
- Per eTA, you can enter multiple times. That means you can come back to Canada without applying for a re-enter visa. Besides, the permitted staying time for each trip is a maximum of 06 months.
- Allowable visit purposes include transit, tourism, business trip, medical treatment, or consultation purposes.
- It is noted that Canada eTA is applied for air-highway only.
- You are required to prove to be over 18 to apply. If not, parents or guardians will do.
Check eligibility requirements carefully before applying for eTA. If your national passport is not matched the regulations of Canada eTA, you can apply for a traditional visa at Canadian Embassy.
Requirements of Canada eTA for UK citizens
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from the United Kingdom?
What are the required documents for the Canada eTA application?
- The national passport is valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page (full information, not missing any lines, details)
- Current email address
- Payment methods (debit or credit card)
Step-by-step instructions for applying for Canadian eTA
You have to finish our application form online. It takes you under 20 minutes to complete. Please apply 72 hours before your flight departure to avoid arising problems.
On our website, click on “Apply Visa” on the navigation bar. Then follow the instructions on How to apply for a Canada eTA for UK citizens.
- Step 1: Fill in the form online. The form request you provide some information such as contact, employment, and travel details. Make sure all information is correct before continuing to the next step.
- Step 2: Make a payment. You can bank transfer or pay via electronic payment. Do not forget we will require you to provide some additional information to complete your application.
- Step 3: After payment has been done, you will know when the Canada eTA is ready. We will send your Canada travel permit to you via the email you provided.
- Step 4: Print out your eTA and bring it with you to the international airport. You should bring your passport to prove your nationality when requested.
Learn more about how to apply for a Canadian eTA from the United Kingdom
Apply for a Canada eTA from the United Kingdom
3. How does Canada eTA cost from the UK?
Actually, Canada eTA serves the same purposes as a Canada visa but saves costs more. Your application is successful only if you pay the full of 02 types of fees: the Government fee and the service fee.
The service fee depends on the type of service you choose, you can consider your timeline and choose the most suitable one. We have 03 available options:
- Normal: If you planned your trip previously, this option is good for you. Your Canada eTA is processed within 03 working days.
- Urgent: You would like to push the processing timeline. With this option, you will get Canada eTA after 24 working hours.
- Super urgent: You have no time for waiting, this option suits you. You will get Canada eTA after 05 working hours.
Please make sure your decision before payment, any variations will be charged as a new application.
We strongly recommend you buy Travel Insurance for your trip. When you travel abroad, Travel Insurance is the best protective tool for your security. With benefits is up to 50,000 dollars, you will receive medical treatments, avoid delays, and protect yourself from pandemics. You can take into consideration Insurance Information.
We hope you have an advantageous application and enjoy your trip. If you have any questions about Canada eTA for United Kingdom citizens, feel free to let us know, we will be happy to help you.