Canada eTA requirements for Australian citizens in 2024
Known as a “Maple Leaf” country, Canada owns beautiful natural wonders with 04 unique seasons. Canada has a temperate climate, so the weather is comfortable and cool which makes you fall in love at first. Whatever your favorite traveling is, seeing romantic scenarios, or exploring adventures, Canada brings wonderful experiences in a lifetime.
Nowadays, applying for a Canada ETA online is simpler. If you are an Australian citizen, we highly recommend you use Canada eTA. eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a valid permit allowing citizens of eligible countries to travel to Canada. With a valid eTA, you will receive a lot of advantages such as saving time and cost, short processing time, and other benefits. In this article, we will introduce you to how to apply for Canada eTA for Australian citizens and how to meet all Canada eTA requirements.
Canada visa for Australian citizens
1. Check Canada ETA requirements for Australian citizens
To reduce the visa application, manage the number of travel foreigners better, and limit the waiting time and queues at customs and immigration as well, the Canadian Government launched Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) in 2012 and kept developing within 04 years. Canada eTA is truly an optimal option because its functionality is the same as the Canada visa but is more convenient, helping travel lovers to get a visa faster and easier.
Fortunately, Australia is eligible for a Canada eTA. Before applying for a Canada eTA for Australian citizens, you should obtain the Canada eTA eligibility for Australians:
- Passport holders coming from countries that are included in the Canada eTA program or are eligible residents of America can apply for an eTA. If your country is not suitable for this visa, you can apply for a Canadian visa (traditional visa) at the nearest Canadian Embassy.
- eTA is linked electronically to the national passport and valid for 05 years or until the passport's expiration date, whichever is shorter. It depends on the passport’s expiry. If you change your passport, you change your eTA too.
- Canada eTA is valid as a multiple entry authorization. That means you can enter Canada many times without applying for a re-enter visa within 05 years.
- Per Canada eTA, you are allowed to stay in Canada for a maximum of 06 months for business, short vacation, or medical treatment or consultation purposes. Australian residents in possession of the eTA are able to transit without a visa.
- Canada eTA allows visitors to enter by air only.
- The passport holders must be over 18 years of age. If not, parents or guardians have to do it instead.
You should consider carefully the rules of Canada eTA, especially the status of your national passport to choose a suitable visa and apply correctly.
Check Canada visa requirements for Australian citizens
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Australia
What are Canada eTA requirements for Australian citizens?
- At first, you must be a launched member of the Canada eTA program. It requires you to show your eligible national passport at the checkpoint to prove it.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page. Australian passport is valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Canada
- The residential address.
- For payment methods, you can choose debit or credit cards.
- A valid email address to exchange your information and receive an eTA.
Canada eTA application processing
After preparing enough documents for Canada eTA requirements, it’s time to apply on the application form online. We instruct you step-by-step on how to apply for Canada eTA for Australians. You have to finish our secure form online. To approach, please click on “Apply Visa” on the navigation bar.
Step 1: Fill in the application form, you need to provide your personal details: contact, professional, and travel details.
Step 2: Make a payment for your application. After payment, we ask you for confirmation information and send us some supporting documents to finish the process.
Step 3: Check an emailed confirmation from us and be aware of the processing time. After that, your Canada eTA will be sent to you.
Step 4: Print out the eTA we sent. A stamped confirmation will be placed on your passport.
We highly recommend that you apply for at least 7 days before boarding a flight.
Learn more about Canada eTA Processing Time
How to apply for a Canada eTA for Australians
3. Canada eTA fees from Australia
A Canada eTA is cheaper than a regular visa, so it is a good option for you. Canada eTA fees from Australia include 02 types of fees: the Government fee and service fees.
The Government fee is paid to The Canadian Government to solve eTA and no refund. The service fee is paid to Canada Immigration Services which depends on the types of services you get. We have 03 options available:
- Normal: Canada eTA is processed within 03 business days. This option is suitable for those who planned a travel trip in advance.
- Urgent: If your timeline is quite rushed, you have a little time to wait. This option helps you get an eTA after 24 processing hours.
- Super urgent: Your request is solved quickly. You can get a Canada eTA after 05 processing hours.
About method payment, you pay by bank transfer to the Bank of Cyprus or use electronic payment, or pay via Paypal. Regarding credit or debit cards, we accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
For a long-term vacation, we strongly suggest you add Travel Insurance to your plan. The Insurance protects you from the risks of pandemics, accidents, or sickness. In a strange country, sometimes unexpected situations will happen to you, and they threaten your and your family’s security. With a maximum of 50,000 dollars, you can receive the best benefits and treatments such as medical payments coverage, no trip delay, trip interruption, lost baggage, and protection benefits from the Covid-19 Pandemic. This is our suggestion for you, take into account Canada travel Insurance.
Finally, we hope you get a successful application and enjoy your travel experience. If you have any questions about the Canada eTA for Australian citizens, feel free to contact us.