Canada eTA requirements for Bahamian citizens in 2024
Citizens of the Bahamas are among the many nationalities not required to obtain a visa when visiting Canada for tourism purposes, according to Canada's visa policy. As a Bahamian, you are eligible for a Canada ETA, which allows you to obtain your travel document online. You may get it in just 5 hours with the help of Canadian immigration services
In this post, we'll go over all you need to know about the Canada ETA requirements for Bahamian citizens, including how to apply, how long it takes to process, how much it costs, and other requirements information.
Canada eTA for Bahamian citizens
1. Canada ETA requirements for Bahamian citizens
Canada ETA application form can be completed in a matter of minutes if you want to get through full of the Canada ETA requirements for Bahamian citizens.
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain a Canadian ETA for Bahamian citizens:
- Photograph of the applicant
- Passport Personal Information Scan
- Passport's Last Page (if applicable).
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card.
- An email address is required.
- To verify the payment, a selfie with the physical credit card used for the transaction is required. In the image, only the last four digits of the credit card must be visible. Each order requires only one image (if applicable).
Canada eTA requirements for Bahamian citizens
2. How to apply for a Canada ETA from the Bahamas?
Now that you know what is required for the online process, we'd like to discuss the formulary so you know what to expect. But first, you should know that you can contact our operators at any moment. The service is available 24/7 via online chat or phone and is completely free.
The three steps are as follows:
- The first requires you to provide personal information, passport information, and trip details.
- The second step involves payment and revision.
- The third needs you to upload the supporting documentation for your application.
When you've completed all of the steps, click the submit button, and we'll take it from there.
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Canadian eTA for Bahamian Citizens?
A Canadian eTA is processed quickly, and travelers from the Bahamas may usually expect a prompt response. The vast majority of applications are processed and accepted within 72 hours, with some being approved nearly instantly.
However, in rare situations, due to delays or a high volume of applications during the peak tourist season, it may take a little longer to receive confirmation.
The Canadian eTA will be emailed to the email address specified on the application. This is why it is critical to enter an email address that you check frequently in order to receive the confirmation email.
The Canadian eTA will be digitally connected to the applicant's Bahamian passport after the application is authorized. Although the Canadian Immigration border officer will be able to read the information on the traveler's eTA on their computer when they submit their passport, it is recommended that a copy be printed in the unlikely case that the system malfunctions.
Apply for Canada eTA (eVisa) for Bahamian citizens
3. Canada eta fees for Bahamian citizens:
When applying for a Canada visa online through Bahamian, you need to pay two kinds of Canada visa fees including a Canada visa service fee and a Government fee.
You must select a processing time for your application, which determines how much your Canada ETA will cost. There are three options available to you:
- Normal: Because it is a slow procedure, you will receive your Canada ETA in your email within 72 hours.
- Urgent: This procedure is a little quicker because your ETA will be completed in 24 hours.
- Super urgent: If you need a visa quickly, this is the ideal option because your ETA will be completed in 5 hours.
The fees related to an ETA can be paid in a number of different methods, including using a debit or credit card, American Express, or PayPal.
It is important for Bahamian tourists to buy Canadian health travel insurance prior to their trip. In addition to your ETA application, you must also provide Canada travel insurance proof in order for the Canadian government to process it. Canada's health travel insurance is strongly recommended to ensure a fun and safe journey.
The Embassy of Canada in the Bahamas:
Are you planning to travel to Canada as a Barbadian citizen? The Canadian Embassy in the Bahamas - Bridgetown can assist you with the visa application process and provide information on any required documentation or procedures.