Canada eTA requirements for Belgian citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada eTA requirements for Belgian citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Belgium?
- 3. Canada eTA fees for Belgian citizens
Canada is one of the largest countries in the world spanning over 10 provinces and 3 territories and owns amazing wonders. Have you ever enjoyed a romantic autumn in a maple leaf forest? No matter whether you love seeing beautiful landscapes or adventure activities, Canada will never make you upset. It is truly an amazing destination to experience.
Catching up with the trend, the Canada Government tries to innovate international tourism via technology. In 2012, Canada launched a new visa program, called Canada eTA. eTA visa is a type of travel visa for eligible countries to visit Canada. This is a breakthrough in spreading local culture to international friends of the Canada Government. In this article, we will introduce to you, citizens of Belgium, about the Canada eTA and how to apply for Canada eTA for Belgian citizens.
Canada eTA for citizens from Belgium
1. Check Canada eTA requirements for Belgian citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or Canada visitor visa is a digital permit allowing citizens coming from eligible countries to enter Canada to travel. Released in 2012 and taking 04 next years to develop, a new version in 2016 helps the Canada Government screen travelers coming from other counties as an answer to the global increase in terrorist activities.
How do you know whether your nationality is eligible for a Canada eTA visa? Canada eTA is applied to countries that are included in the exempt list for Canada visas only. Besides, if you have proof of permanent residence or legal citizenship from the US, you can also apply for a Canada ETA online
What are the eligibility requirements for a Canada eTA visa?
The other eligibility requirements for a Canada eTA visa include:
- When issued, your eTA visa will be linked electronically to your passport to confirm your eligibility. If you get a new passport, you have to change to a new visa.
- From the day of approval, an eTA visa Canada will be valid until the next 05 years.
- Within 05 valid years, the passport holders can use a visitor visa as a multiple entry visa. That means you can enter Canada many times without applying for a re-enter visa.
- Per visit trip, you are allowed to stay in Canada for up to six months and for travel, business, transit, leisure activities, or medical treatment purposes.
- Remember that an eTA visa is applied to air-highways only.
- The applicant must be over the age of 18 to apply. If not, the parents or lawful guardian has the right to apply instead.
If your case is not covered by the eTA application conditions, you can choose regular Canada visas. Please contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate for more information.
Do Belgian citizens need to apply for a Canada visitor visa?
The answer is Yes. Belgium is eligible for Canada eTA and the holders need to have a Canada eTA for Belgian citizens to enter Canada.
Apply for Canada eTA as a citizen of Belgium
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Belgium?
What are the required documents for the Canada visitor visa application?
Good preparation will bring an advantageous process, so we strongly recommend the applicants take note carefully the required documents for the Canada eTA application below:
- The national passport is valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry with more than 2 blank pages for visa marks.
- The biographical information page of your passport must be scanned or pictured to submit.
- The coloured photograph of applicants.
- The current email address is to exchange information and receive a visa.
- Debit or credit card to make a transaction.
Step-by-step instructions for application processing for a Canada eTA?
Please do step-by-step instructions on the Canada eTA application from Belgium we outline below. To avoid interruptions, it is advisable to find a place having a good Internet connection. Click on the “Apply Visa” button and do 04 simple steps:
Step 1: Fill in your personal details in the application form. Your information consists of personal contact, passport information, and travel details.
Step 2: Make a payment. Then we request you provide additional information to complete your application.
Step 3: We send you a confirmation email. Also, announce to you the processing time of your eTA visa application. When finished, a visa will be sent to you right away via the email you provide.
The applicant usually takes interest in how long a visitor visa is processed. The processing time depends on the type of services you choose. We have Normal, Urgent, and Super urgent options.
Step 4: Print your eTA and bring it with you to the international airport. With a valid eTA, you will receive a confirmed stamp inside your passport. In cases, the airline staff requests you show your passport to demonstrate your eligibility, so bring the passport with you.
Read more about the instructions on applying for a Canadian visitor visa
Cost of Canada eTA for citizens from Belgium
3. Canada eTA fees for Belgian citizens
Compared to regular visas, Canada eTA has the same purposes but the expense is quite reasonable. Regarding the fees, the applicant has to pay 02 types of Canada ETA fees: the Canada Government fee and the visa service fee.
Both fees are required to be paid in advance processing. The visa service fee is flexible, subject to your choice. Take consideration 03 available options below which offered by Canada Immigration Services:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
Anyway, we advise you to apply for a visa as soon as possible, 7 days before boarding a flight. It is noted that any variations after making a payment are charged as a new application. In some cases, the visa processing will be longer than we expected, we hope you are patient, and we try to solve your problems.
Regarding transaction cards, you can transfer or use digital payment. We approve methods that include Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express. If you use a wire transfer method, please use the Bank of Cyprus only for making payment.
To aim for a safe journey, we encourage the customer to buy Travel Insurance. When you travel, especially overseas, risks can happen surprisingly such as pandemics, sickness, accidents, loss of baggage, or trip delays. We believe that Travel Insurance will help you to reduce arising costs during the trip. Read more benefits and treatments at Canada travel insurance
We hope you have a successful application and enjoy your journey in Canada. If you have any questions about Canada eTA for Belgian citizens, we will be happy to support you.