Canada eTA requirements for Bulgarian citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada visa requirements for Bulgarian citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Bulgaria
- 3. Canada eTA fees for Bulgarian citizens
Canada is always a top place for travel lovers from all over the world. Canada is the second largest country in the world, spanning over 10 provinces and 3 territories. Therefore, this North American country owns many interesting places to explore. No matter whether you are a person who loves seeing romantic scenarios or joining sporty activities, Canada will never make you disappointed.
Visa application is always a concern to everybody when traveling abroad. Nowadays, there are various types of visas, and outbound tourism is more convenient. In this article, we introduce a new type of visa, which was released in 2012 by the Canadian Government, called Canada eTA. Actually, this new visa is an innovative step for tourism development, supporting both the government and passport holders. If you, a Bulgarian citizen, care about eTA, do not ignore this article.
Canada eTA for Bulgarian citizens
1. Check Canada visa requirements for Bulgarian citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a type of visitor visa allowing foreigners to enter Canada. Canada eTA was launched in 2012 and took the next 04 years to develop. This new visa program helps the Canadian Government manage foreigners better, and reduce the overwhelming paper application form at the Embassy.. The functions of eTA screen foreigners as a response to the global increase in terrorist activities.
The eTA Canada application is straightforward. You do not need to prepare or print any paperwork, can apply remotely at your convenience. The processing time is flexible and quick, you will not wait for hours at the embassy or consulate. We believe that this is truly an optimal option for outbound trips.
However, not all countries can apply for Canada eTA, you have to check carefully the eligibility requirements before making decisions.
Check Canada visitor visa requirements in 2022
The applicant is required to be a citizen of the 53 visa-exempt countries. Or if you are a US green card holder, you are eligible to apply for eTA. Besides, kindly take note of the other regulations below:
- When approved, your eTA will be stored electronically against the passport in the Canada Immigration system.
- Per visa, the expiry time is 05 years from the date of approval.
- The eTA is authorization as a multiple-entry visa. You can enter Canada without registering to re-enter visa.
- You are allowed to stay in Canada for up to 06 months for purposes such as travel, business trip, or medical treatment, etc.
- The eTA visa is valid when you enter by air highway only.
- You must be over 18 years old to apply. If not, on behalf of you, the parents or legal guardian need to do it instead.
If your case does not match the eligibility criteria, you can research to apply for a Canada visa at the Canadian embassy. However, the Canadian embassy has not been founded in Bulgaria, you have to look for the embassy/consulate overseas in the neighboring country. Research the location at Check Canadian Embassy.
Do Bulgarian citizens need to have a Canada eTA?
Bulgaria belongs to 53 visa-exempt countries, therefore Bulgarian citizens are eligible to apply for Canada eTA and need to have Canada eTA for Bulgarian citizens to enter Canada.
Apply for a Canada eTA from Bulgaria
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA from Bulgaria
Check the required checklist for the Canada eTA application
The Canada eTA checklist is important for your application. These are the basic required documents you have to prepare:
- The Bulgarian passport is valid for at least six months and has more than 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Applicants must submit a scanned copy of their passport biographical page and a color photograph of themselves.
- The current email address is to receive the official visa.
- The payment methods are debit/credit card or Paypal accounts.
Kindly use only one passport that is used for the application form online and bring it with you during the trip. Once used, you can not switch your passport.
Canada eTA processing time for Bulgarian citizens
Canada eTA application form is really important, you have to declare honestly and fully. The processing time comprises 04 simple steps, follow the instructions on how to apply for Canada eTA for Bulgarian citizens.
Step 1: Fill in the form with your information including:
- First and last name
- Passport number
- Passport dates of issue and expiry
- Marital status
- Employment history
Before submitting, double-check the information to ensure that everything is accurate.
Step 2: Make a payment.
Step 3: Receive an official visa via email address.
Step 4: With a valid eTA, a stamp will be placed on the passport by border officials
In cases, you obtain successfully a valid visitor visa but Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) can reject your immigration if you do not carry relevant documents or you have any health or financial risks; or have previous criminal/terrorist history or immigration issues in the past.
Cost of Canada eTA for Bulgarian citizen
3. Canada eTA fees for Bulgarian citizens
We will process your application when receiving the full payment including Canada Government fees and visa service fees.
The service fee covers the entire processing of your application comprising 04 steps. Regarding the service fee, we have various timing options that are flexible to your demand, and the fees will vary depending. Please consider 03 options below:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
We strongly recommend that you apply soon (72 hours before departure day) to avoid arising problems and solve them on time (if any). A digital financial card is necessary to make a payment, kindly choose one of the methods of payment we have: Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express. Consider carefully before payment, any variations after that will be charged as a new application.
Kindly read more about Canada eTA fees for Bulgarian citizens.
To aim for a safe journey with wonderful experiences, we hope you add Travel Insurance to your trip. With the benefits of up to 50,000 dollars, we have treatments such as Medical Payments Coverage, Trip Delay, Trip Interruption, Lost Baggage, and Protecting Your Benefit from the Covid-19 Pandemic. The insurance will bring security and reduce damages from risks when you travel overseas. Read more benefits and treatments at Canada travel insurance
We hope you have a successful application and enjoy your trip to Canada. If you have any concerns or questions about Canada eTA for Bulgarian citizens, we are happy to help.