Canada eTA requirements for Chilean citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada eTA requirements for Chileans
- 2. How do you apply for an Canada eTA from Chile?
- 3. How much does an eTA for Canada cost from Chile?
You have a travel plan next time and Canada is an ideal destination for your trip. Recognized as a “Maple Leaf” country, you will fall in love with a maple leaf forest or roads covered with maple leaves in autumn in Canada. If you are a traveler interested in adventure activities, Canada also will never make you disappointed.
Perhaps when traveling abroad, the travelers care about the visa application mostly. In this article, we will introduce you to a new visa program from Canada, called the Canada eTA. Canada eTA was published in 2012 by the Canadian Government and applied to eligible countries, including Chile. This is a breakthrough in the development of travel thanks to its innovation. If you are interested in Canada eTA for Chileans and how to apply for it, do not ignore this article.
Canada eTA for Chilean citizens
1. Check Canada eTA requirements for Chileans
What is an eTA Canada visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or travel visa to Canada is a permit allowing travelers coming from overseas to enter Canada for travel purposes.
Canada eTA was released in 2016 and took the next 4 years to develop. This new visa program is truly innovative and optimal for both the Canadian Government and passport holders. The visa screens foreigners at the time when the global increase in terrorist activities. Besides, reducing the overwhelming visa application at customs and immigration.
The application process is simple, you can apply remotely at home without going to the Canadian embassy or consulate and waiting for hours. However, not all citizens can apply for Canada eTA, you have to check the rules to apply effectively.
Check Canada visitor visa rules 2024
The Canadian Government has stringent rules to protect the country from terrorist activities. According to the rules, only the countries belonging to the exempt country list for Canada visa are eligible for Canada eTA. Moreover, to avoid misunderstandings, you have to be precise about the other eligibility criteria:
- Your eTA will be linked electronically to your passport to determine eligibility. If you change your passport, you have to change your eTA.
- For each valid eTA, you can use it within 05 years.
- As a multiple-entry visa, you can enter Canada multiple times without applying for a revisit visa.
- Per visit trip, permitted staying-time is for a maximum of 06 months.
- Allowable purposes include travel, leisure activities, business trips, or medical treatment. No visa is required for transit purposes.
- The eTA visa is applied to the air highway only.
- The applicant must be over 18 years of age to apply. Otherwise, the parents or lawful guardians of the applicant do that instead.
On the other hand, if your case can not adapt to the requirements of a Canada eTA visa, kindly contact the Canadian Embassy to apply for a traditional visa.
Do Chilean citizens need to have an eTA?
Because Chile is included in the exempt country list for Canada visas, Chilean citizens are eligible and must have Canada eTA (or eVisa) for Chileans to travel to Canada.
Requirements of Canada eTA for Chilean citizens
2. How do you apply for an Canada eTA from Chile?
What are the required documents for the Canada eTA visa application?
To aim for advantageous processing, we hope you have good preparation before starting a request for an e-visa. Take note carefully of the required documents you have to prepare:
- The Chilean passport is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival.
- There must be more than two vacant pages in the passport for visa stamping.
- A scanned copy of passport biographical page
- A recent photo of applicants
- The current email address is to receive the official visa.
- The payment methods you prefer are debit/credit card or Paypal accounts.
If you have another passport, please make sure that the passport you use for the application and bring with you during the trip is the same. Remember that even if your application is successful and you have a valid visa, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) can reject your immigration if you forget proper documentation or you show any health or financial risk; or have previous criminal/terrorist history or previous immigration issues.
Canada eTA visa processing time from Chile
You have to finish the form online first. The form takes you under 20 minutes to complete. To approach the form, click on “Apply Visa” on the navigation bar and then follow the instructions including 04 steps:
Step 1: Fill in the form with your information including:
- First and last name
- Passport number
- Passport dates of issue and expiry
- Intended travel dates
Before submitting the application form, double-check the accuracy and make sure there are no issues.
Step 2: Choose a service option and pay for it.
Step 3: When eTA is activated, receive a visa via email address.
Step 4: With a valid eTA, a stamp will be placed on the passport.
Read more about the processing time of the Canada eTA visa application
Apply for a Canada eTA from Chile
3. How much does an eTA for Canada cost from Chile?
We will charge per visa application 02 types of fees: the Canada Government fees and visa service fees.
We have various timing options that are flexible to your plan, and the fees will vary depending. Please consider 03 options below:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
Anyway, it is advisable that you apply 07 days before departure day to avoid and solve in time the arising problems (if any). We also hope you consider this carefully before making a decision because any variations after payment will be charged as a new application.
Regarding the payment methods, you can bank transfer or use electronic payment. Choose one of the methods we have: Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Read more about Canada eTA visa fees from Chile
In addition, we suggest you buy Travel Insurance for your Canada trip. Thanks to good benefits and treatment, we believe that this is the most protective service for your and your family’s security. The insurance will help you reduce damages from arising problems with treatment such as Medical Payments Coverage, Trip Delay, Trip Interruption, Lost Baggage, and Protecting Your Benefit from the Covid-19 Pandemic. This is our suggestion, you can read more at Insurance Information.
In conclusion, Canada eTA is truly an optimal option for travelers. The eTA has the same purposes as a Canada visa, but the process is quicker and more convenient. We hope you have a successful application and create memorable experiences in Canada. If you have any questions or concerns about Canada eTA (eVisa) from Chile, please contact us.