Canada eTA requirements for Croatian citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada eTA (or eVisa) requirements for Croatian citizens
- 2. Canada eTA application processing time from Croatia
- 3. Canada eTA (or eVisa) fees for Croatian citizens
Canada is always a top destination for travel lovers in the world. The “Maple Leaf” attracts travelers with 04 featured seasons and every season owns its beauty. Canada is the second largest country in the world spanning over 10 provinces and 3 territories, and you will fall in love with the majestic wonders and culture here. If you take an interest in Canadian tourism, this article bestows on you.
To spread out cultural diversity to international friends, the Canadian Government always innovates visa policies. In 2012, the Canadian Government launched a new visitor visa, called the Canada eTA visa, and then kept developing until 2016. This type of visa is a highlight in the tourism development of this North American country. In this article, we share with you about the Canada eTA visa for Croatian citizens and how to apply for it.
Canada eTA for Croatian citizens
1. Check Canada eTA (or eVisa) requirements for Croatian citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a type of travel authorization allowing foreigners to enter Canada. Recognized as a breakthrough in tourism development, this new visa helps the Canadian Government reduce the overloading of visa applications at customs and immigration. Besides, it prevents Canada from the global increase in terrorist activities.
Compared with the other visas, its process application is optimized so much. You can apply remotely and do not need to prepare any documents. The processing time is flexible. Nevertheless, not citizens coming from all over the world can apply, you have to check the eligibility requirements previously.
Check Canada eTA rules in 2024
According to the Canada ETA rules in 2024, only countries that belong to the exempt list from Canada visa are eligible for Canada eTA. Moreover, if the applicant has US citizenship with a US green card, you are allowed to apply. Other eligibility criteria requirements include:
- When approved, your eTA will be stored electronically against the passport in the Canada Immigration system.
- The expiry time of eTA is 05 years from the date of approval.
- The Canada eTA is valid as a multiple-entry authorization. You can enter Canada without registering to re-enter visa.
- You are allowed to stay in Canada for up to 06 months.
- You can stay in Canada for purposes including travel, business trip, or medical treatment. No visa is required for transit purposes.
- An eTA visa is valid when you enter Canada by air highway only.
- You must be over 18 years old to apply. If not, on behalf of you, the parents or legal guardian need to do so.
If your case does not match the rules of Canada eTA, you can apply for a traditional visa at the Canadian Embassy. Check the location at Canadian Embassy in Croatia at the link.
Do Croatian citizens need to have a Canada eTA visa?
The answer is Yes. Croatia is a nation that is included in the exempt country list for Canada visas, therefore, the citizens can apply for eTA. When traveling to Canada, Croatian holders need to have a Canada eTA visa for Croatian citizens.
Requirements of Canada eTA for Croatian citizens
2. Canada eTA application processing time from Croatia
What are the required documents for a Canada visitor application?
- A national passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry.
- For visa stamping, the passport must contain more than two blank pages.
- The current email address is to transfer information and receive a visa.
- A duplicate of passport biographical page with no missing lines
- A digital version of the applicants’ portrait photo
- Debit/credit card or Paypal accounts.
Step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a Canada eTA visa
Kindly find a place having a good Internet connection to avoid interruptions. The application processing time includes 04 simple steps:
- Declare and submit the application form online.
- Choose service options and make a payment.
- Obtain eTA via email address after the processing time.
- Receive a stamp on your passport when you check in at the international airport.
We would like to remind you that in cases the airline staff requests to check your eligibility, you have to present the full required documents. Therefore, do not forget to carry and keep your national passport or US green card to confirm anytime requested.
Read more for details on Canada eTA processing time for Croatian nationals.
Canada eTA processing time for Croatian citizens
3. Canada eTA (or eVisa) fees for Croatian citizens
The whole application process includes 02 types of fees: the Canadian Government fee and the visa service fee.
Both are compulsory and paid prior to processing. The service fee depends on the processing time you choose. Here we have 03 options:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
Taking into consideration specifically before making decisions. Any variations after payment are seen as a new application. Although we have various options for you, we hope you apply as soon as possible, 7 days before departure day.
Regarding the payment methods, bank transfer or electronic payment is approved. You can use Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Read more about Canada eTA visa fees from Croatia
We highly recommend you add Health Insurance to your Canada trip, especially a long-term trip. When you stay in a strange country, it is difficult to cover unexpected situations such as a pandemic, sickness, accidents, trip delays, or loss of baggage. With the benefits being up to 50,000 dollars, we believe that the insurance makes you feel more secure during the trip. This is our recommendation, you can consider more at Insurance Information.
Hope you have a successful application and create unforgettable memories in the beautiful Canadian country. If you have any questions about Canada eTA visas for Croatian citizens, feel free to contact us.