Canada ETA requirements for Finnish citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada visitor visa requirement for Finnish citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Canada eTA visa from Finland?
- 3. Canada eTA visa fee for Finnish citizens
Canada should be one of the destinations on your must-go place list. Canada is the second largest country in the world with a large area spanning over 10 provinces and 3 territories. This North American country has 04 featured seasons and owns its beauty. Do you want to see roads covered with maple leaves in autumn? Or do you want to experience adventure activities in winter in Canada? Whatever your hobby is, Canada will never make you upset.
When traveling in Canada, applying for a visitor visa is a major concern of travelers. The Canadian Government has stringent rules to protect the country from the global increase in terrorist activities. However, the application of technology helps visa applications to be more convenient. In 2012, the Canadian Government launched a new visa program, namely Canada eTA. To be honest, this new type of visa is truly a breakthrough in Canadian development of travel. In this article, we share with you useful information about Canada eTA visa for Finnish citizens.
Canada eTA for Finnish citizens
1. Check Canada visitor visa requirement for Finnish citizens
What is a Canada eTA visa?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a permit allowing foreigners to travel to Canada.
Canada eTA program was released in 2012 and kept developing until 2016. This is a response from the Canadian Government when facing the global increase in terrorist activities. The visa screen and manage foreigners better, reducing the overloading of visa applications at customs and immigration. The procedure is quite simple, you apply it remotely and do not prepare any paperwork.
Check Canada eTA requirements in 2024
According to the visa rules, Canada eTA is applied to the countries that are exempted from Canada visas. Besides, if you have US citizenship, you are eligible to apply for this visa. Other eligibility criteria include:
- When the visa is activated, it is linked electronically to your passport to check your eligibility.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival and has more than 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- The eTA is authorized as a multiple entry visa. You can revisit Canada multiple times in 05 years without getting a new visa.
- Per visit trip, you can stay in Canada for up to 06 months for travel, relative visit, business trip, or medical treatment purposes. No visa is required for transit purposes.
- The visa is applied to the air highway only.
- You must prove that you are over 18 years of age to apply, otherwise, a parent or legal guardian will do so on your behalf.
If you can not adapt to the Canada visitor visa rules, consider applying for a regular Canada visa at Canadian Embassy.
Does a Finnish citizen need to have a Canada visitor visa?
Citizens coming from Finland are eligible to apply and need to have a Canada visitor visa to travel to Canada.
Requirements of Canada eTA for Finnish citizens
2. How to apply for a Canada eTA visa from Finland?
Required documents for Canada eTA application?
The procedure is simple but we hope you have a good preparation for the application process. Please take notes of the following requirements:
- A passport is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival and has more than 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- A scanned copy of passport biographical information page
- A recent photograph of the applicant in digital version.
- The current email address is to receive the official visa.
- The payment methods are debit/credit card or Paypal accounts.
We would like to remind you that you have to show the full required documents for the airline staff such as a passport, green card, and visa to check.
The processing time for the Canada eTA visa application
You have to finish the form online. This step takes you under 20 minutes to complete. Please follow the instructions to apply for a Canada eTA online
Step 1: Click on “Apply Visa” on the navigation bar to reach the form. Provide us the information consisting of personal contact, passport, and trip information. Double-check details carefully before moving.
Step 2: Make a payment. You can choose one of the payment options at your convenience. After paying, we request you some more information, follow to complete the payment.
Step 3: A confirmed email will be sent to you. You will know the processing time. When a visa is activated, it is sent to you via email.
Step 4: Print out your eTA and bring it with you to the Canada travel trip. With a valid eTA, you will receive a stamp on your passport.
Apply for a Canada eTA from Finland
3. Canada eTA visa fee for Finnish citizens
Applying to our service, we have a reasonable fee for you. There are 02 types of fees you have to pay including the Canada Government fee and the visa service fee.
The visa service fee covers the entire processing time. It depends on the types of services you choose. We have 03 options available to you:
- Normal: Your Canada eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your Canada eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your Canada eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
We have various options for you, but we hope you plan your trip carefully and apply 72 hours before your flight to avoid arising situations. Noted that any variations after payment will be charged as a new visa application.
Regarding payment methods, you can use bank transfers or electronic payment. We approve Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Read more about Canada eTA fees
Moreover, Travel Insurance is a supportive tool for your trip. For outbound tourism, especially a long-term trip, insurance is really necessary. Being valid for up to 50,000 dollars, the insurance covers your damages with treatment such as Medical Payments Coverage, Trip Delay, Trip Interruption, Lost Baggage, and Protect benefits from the Covid-19 Pandemic. Read more at Canada travell Insurance Information.
We hope you have a successful application and have fun on the Canada trip. We happily support you if you have any questions about Canada eTA for Finnish citizens and any services.