Canada eTA requirements for Greek Citizens in 2024
Greece is one of fifty countries that are visa-exempt, which means that Greek citizens do not need visas to visit Canada.
To enter Canada, Greek citizens must first get a digital travel authorization (eTA).
The eTA was created in 2015 by Canadian authorities to pre-screen abroad travelers to Canada, including Greek citizens, and determine their eligibility.
The system's use has reduced visa applications and allowed officials to process foreign visitors more efficiently, resulting in shorter wait times and shorter lines at customs and immigration.
Canada eTA for Greek citizens
1. Canada eTA requirements for Greek citizens
eTA application form can be completed in a matter of minutes if you want to get through full of the Canada eTArequirements for Greek citizens.
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain a Canadian eTA for Greek citizens:
- Photograph of the applicant
- Passport Personal Information Scan
- Passport's Last Page (if applicable).
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card.
- An email address is required.
- To verify the payment, a selfie with the physical credit card used for the transaction is required. In the image, only the last four digits of the credit card must be visible. Each order requires only one image (if applicable).
Requirements of Canada eTA for Greek citizens
2. How to get a Canada eTA for Greek citizens
When you have everything you need, go to the application page and fill out the form. Canada immigration services have divided the form into 3 steps, which you will observe.
Spend your 15 minutes getting through the following steps:
- Step 1: You should fill out the form with all the necessary information such as your full name, nationality, and date of birth, as well as passport data. You should check all information to avoid misinformation
- Step 2: You can proceed to the second step once you have completed step one. At this stage, you are expected to make the payment and review your form for any errors. If you find any, fix them before checking again. It is critical that the information you provide is completely correct.
- Step 3: A confirmation email stating that your eTA application has been received will now arrive in the mail. Your eTA application will be examined and approved online, after which will mail it to you.
- Step 4: To be ready for your travel to Canada, download and print a copy of your Canada eTA after you've got it in your email. You'll need to obtain your eTA stamped in your passport once you arrive in the nation.
Travelers are required to apply for a Canadian eTA for Greek citizens at least 72 hours prior to departure to provide the time required for paperwork and approval issuance.
However, Greek applicants who need to enter Canada urgently can select the 'Emergency Processing Guarantee within 5 hours' option when paying the eTA fee. This allows eTA to be processed within 5 hours of submission of the application and is the best choice for passengers whose flights to Canada depart within 24 hours.
Apply for a Canada eTA from Greece
3. The cost of applying for an eTA to Canada in Greece
When applying for a Canada visa online through Greek, you need to pay two kinds of Canada visa fees including a Canada visa service fee and a Government fee.
The processing period you choose for your eTA application will influence the amount of service fee you must pay. When you compare prices, you can choose the most opulent option while staying within your budget.
- Normal: If you still have time to wait, you should choose the Normal processing option. You will receive the document within 3 days.
Urgent: If you feel like you don't have much time to wait, you should choose this option. Your ETA for Canada will arrive in 2 business days.
- Super urgent: In case of an emergency, this is a great solution for you. You can get a Canadian ETA in as little as 5 business hours.
The fees related to an eTA can be paid in a number of different methods, including using a debit or credit card, American Express, or PayPal.
It is important for Greek tourists to buy Canadian health travel insurance prior to their trip. In addition to your eTA application, you must also provide Canada travel insurance proof in order for the Canadian government to process it. Canada's health travel insurance is strongly recommended to ensure a fun and safe journey.
The Embassy of Canada in Greece:
If you register with the Canadian Embassy in Greece, Canada will have access to the information that you have provided about yourself. The Canadian Embassy in Greece extends a warm welcome to tourists traveling from other countries as well as tourists from Greece who are visiting Canada temporarily.