Canada ETA requirements for Slovakian citizens in 2024
- 1. Check Canada eTA requirements for Slovakia
- 2. How to apply for Canada eTA from Slovakia?
- 3. Canada eTA price from Slovakia
Canada should be an indispensable destination in your must-go place checklist. With the second largest area in the world spanning over 10 provinces and 3 territories, Canada owns many interesting places and activities for you. Whatever your hobbies are, Canada always will bring wonderful experiences.
Certainly applying for a visitor visa is a concern for everyone. To spread out the culture to international friends, the Canadian Government always innovates its visa policies. In 2012, a new visa program was launched namely Canada eTA. This breakthrough creates good conditions for travel lovers worldwide to approach Canadian visitor visas easier. In this article, we introduce to you Canada eTA for citizens from Slovakia and how to apply for it.
Canada eTA for citizens from Slovakia
1. Check Canada eTA requirements for Slovakia
What is a Canada eTA?
Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or Canada visitor visa is a compulsory document giving permission for citizens coming from over 50 visa-exempt countries to travel to Canada. Canada eTA was launched in 2012 and took the next 04 years to develop. This new visa program supports the government in screening foreigners and managing immigration better. Canada has stringent visa policies to prevent the country from the global increase in terrorist activities.
The application process is straightforward, the process is 100% online, and you can apply remotely at your convenience. However, not all countries are suitable for eTA, you have to check the requirements prior to applying.
Check Canada eTA eligibility requirements in 2024
Canada eTA is only available to 75 visa-exempt countries and territories to apply. Besides, if you are a US resident, you are also eligible for eTA. Other requirements that you probably should know:
- When approved, the eTA is stored electronically against the passport in the Canada Immigration system.
- For each valid eTA, the validity time is 05 years. This duration depends on the validity of the passport, therefore, if you change to a new passport, you have to get an eTA too.
- ETA is authorized as a multiple-entry visa. That means you can enter Canada many times within 05 years without getting re-enter visa.
- Per visit trip, staying-time is for a maximum of 06 months.
- Allowable purposes include travel, leisure activities, business trip, or medical treatment.
- The eTA visa only accepts the applicant to enter by air route.
- The applicant must be over 18 years of age to apply. In contrast, the parents or lawful guardians of the applicant do that instead.
Do Slovak citizens need to have a Canada eTA?
Slovakia belongs to the visa-exempt countries of Canada, therefore the citizen of this country is eligible for Canada eTA. When traveling to Canada, eTA is a must-have document for Slovak citizens.
Requirements of Canada eTA for citizens from Slovakia
2. How to apply for Canada eTA from Slovakia?
Check the required documents for the Canada eTA application
The process does not require you to provide any paperwork. These documents are basic for a Canada eTA application for Slovak citizens:
- The Slovak passport is valid for at least six months.
- The current email address is to receive the official visa.
- The payment methods are debit/credit card or Paypal accounts.
Step-by-step instructions on the processing time of Canada eTA
The form is an important part of the application. You have to finish it first and do the following 04 simple steps:
Click on “Apply Visa” button to approach the form online
Step 1: Declare the form honestly with your information including:
- First and last name
- Passport number
- Passport dates of issue and expiry
- Marital status
- Employment history
Before sending the application form, check the information to ensure that provided information is complete and correct.
Step 2: Pay for your service.
Step 3: When eTA is approved, the visa is sent to you via email address.
Step 4: With a valid eTA, your passport will be stamped at the international airport.
In some cases, you have a valid visitor visa, but Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) still rejects your entry if you do not show the required documents or you have any health or financial issues; or have a criminal/terrorist history or immigration issues in the past.
Read more about the processing time of the Canada eTA visa application
Apply for a Canada eTA from Slovakia
3. Canada eTA price from Slovakia
We will charge per application 02 types of Canada ETA fees: Canada Government fees and visa service fees.
Both are compulsory fees and are paid prior to processing your Canada eTA visa. The service fees cover the entire processing time comprising 04 steps. We have various timing options that are flexible to your demand, and the fees will vary depending. Please consider 03 options below:
- Normal: Your eTA visa is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your eTA is processed within 24 business hours.
- Super urgent: Your eTA is processed within 05 business hours.
We would like to remind you that to avoid problems arising in the application process, you should apply as soon as possible, 72 hours before your flight departure. An electronic financial card is required to pay for your services, you can choose one of the payment methods we have: Paypal, Visa, Master Card, and American Express. Think of your plan and demands carefully before payment, any modifications after that will be charged as a new application.
Travel Insurance is truly necessary for your trip. It is difficult to cover unexpected situations happening accidentally when traveling abroad. Our insurance service comprises benefits such as Medical Payments Coverage, Trip Delay, Trip Interruption, and Lost Baggage, and Protecting Your Benefit from the Covid-19 Pandemic will make you feel more secure. This is our suggestion, you can consider more at Insurance Information.;
Finally, we hope you have an advantageous application and create unforgettable memories in Canada. If you have any questions about Canada eTA for Slovak citizens, feel free to let us know, we are here to support you.