From the Pacific Coast, Rocky Mountains, and Prairies to the vast lakes, boreal forests, and Maritimes, Canada is a must-see destination. Sightseeing in Canada will leave you breathless, and wishing you could stay longer. To travel from Mexico to Canada, there are several steps you can follow:
- Check Travel Requirements: Make sure you have a valid passport. Check whether you qualify for visa-free travel or need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to visit Canada. Unless they have a valid Canadian visa, Mexican citizens normally need an eTA to go to Canada.
- Book Flights: Look into and book flights from Mexico to Canada. Compare airline pricing and flight alternatives to find the most convenient and cost-effective option for your trip.
- Accommodation and Itinerary: Plan your accommodation and itinerary for your trip to Canada. Choose the towns or areas you want to visit and make hotel, hostel, or other lodging arrangements ahead of time.
- Apply for a Canada ETA from Mexico: If you are a Mexican citizen without a valid Canadian visa, you will usually need to file for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) prior to your travel. The eTA application can be completed online at the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. Provide correct personal information, passport data, and answers to the essential questions. Pay the necessary eTA application cost.
- Pack Essentials: Pack your travel essentials, including clothing suitable for the weather in Canada, any necessary travel documents, electronics, medication, and other personal items.
- Travel Insurance: Consider obtaining Canada travel insurance to protect yourself against unforeseen situations such as medical problems, trip cancellations, or lost luggage during your vacation.
- Airport Procedures: Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your planned departure time. Check-in procedures must be followed, including presenting your passport, eTA (if applicable), and any other needed travel papers. Pass through security and take your trip to Canada.
- Arrival in Canada: Upon arrival in Canada, follow the immigration and customs procedures. Present your passport and any required travel documents to the Canadian border authorities. They will verify your entry eligibility and may ask questions regarding the purpose of your visit and your stay in Canada.